I’m doing that Brad/Looch summary that someone asked for and it’s already so long omg you guys are gonna hate me
Anonymous said "does seguin actually bang his way through BU? like do hockey players ~frequent~ the uni?"
I don’t know if the other guys do, but I’ve heard stories of him making his rounds.
Anonymous said "no you belong with seguin"
replied to your post:
HI!!! WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT ADAM MCQUAID???????
judy omg 4get seguin u belong with quaider
omg goodbye becca thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said "bless you angel :')"
omg was this about the adam thing?? happy to do it!
Anonymous said "HI!!! WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT ADAM MCQUAID???????"
I’m so happy you asked me this okay omg I’m gonna try and do bullet points okay wow I’m here we go
- Adam is 76 inches of wonderful (that’s 6’4” for those of you who are too lazy to convert and about 1.93 meters for my people outside the US)
- He’s from Prince Edward Island~
- He was drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2005 and was traded to us in 2007 in exchange for a 5th round pick (so who won in that deal, huh? uS).
- He’s not a super flashy defenseman, and he doesn’t have a ton of points (30 career reg season, 6 career playoffs), but he’s a big, physical solid dman (a little under 15 minutes of ice time a night on average) who, most of the time, reads plays extremely well (especially during this postseason when he’s had to step up with Fer, Dennis, and Wade out).
- In each of his full seasons in the NHL, Adam has finished as a + player (or an equal player as he finished with a 0 for +/- this season) — (09-10, 19 games, -5; 10-11, 67 games, +30; 11-12, 72 games, +16; 12-13, 32 games, 0).
- He won the Cup in his first full NHL season.
- In his two full seasons (not including this year because it was shortened), he’s racked up close to 100 PIM (60 this season).
- He’s a finalist for the Bill Masterton Trophy, which is awarded to the NHL player “who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey.” During the lockout, McQuaid “underwent surgery…for thoracic outlet syndrome after a blood clot developed under his collarbone.” He had two surgeries, one to remove the blood clot and another that removed an entire rib and some neck muscle in order to prevent the condition from happening again. [x]
- His brother and aunt were born with cleft palates so one Christmas, for his mom, he “sponsored a child for full reconstructive surgery, and donated it in [her] name.” [x]
- He has been known to rock the mullet on occasion.
- He has this blowfish face he does while he’s playing (you can just go through my tag of him and see —> here).
- His nicknames include Quaider, Darth Quaider, McBabe, etc, etc.
I’m sure I’m missing stuff, but he’s wonderful and great, and Brooke and I started an informal “”fan club”” for him so if you wanna join let me know!!!!!!!!!
okay to the anon who asked me about quaider, bear with me cause I wanna make this answer as complete as I can okay it’ll be great I promise!!!!!
a favorite from each team: Carolina Hurricanes - Justin Faulk